Assalamualaikum wbt. :)
So, how are you guys? Ready for reading my next post? Hehe.Okay, I’ll continue. Today, the topic is about ‘Network Architecture’.
Hmm, what is network architecture?
Honestly, before I jump to this course, I mean computer science subject, I have never know about computer even I love tech world so much. Hahaha but now, I got the chance to studying about computer, surely I will. Why not right?
Hahahaha okay okay, I have a lot of assignment to settle up. And I will settle this blog assignment first. Ooppss haha. We’ll continue alright?
What is Network Architecture?
- The configuration of computers, devices and media on a network.
Types of Network Architecture :
1. Peer-to-Peer Network
2. Client/Server Network
What is Peer-to-Peer Network?
- A simple, inexpensive network that typically connects fewer than 10 computers.
- Each computer, called a peer, has equal responsibilities and capabilities.
- Sharing hardware (such as a printer), data or information with other computers on the peer-to-peer network.
- Each computer stores files on its own storage devices. Thus, each computer on the network contains both the server operating system and application software.
- All computers on the network share any peripheral device(s) attached to any computer.
- Peer-to-peer networks are ideal for very small businesses and home users.
- Some operating systems, such as Windows, include a peer to-peer networking utility that allows users to set up a peer-to-peer network.
- Peers are both suppliers and consumers of resources.
- Each node is a computer on the network which acts and communicates with other Peers to make a portion of their resources, such as processing power, disk storage or network bandwidth.
- Directly available to other network participants, without the need for central coordination by servers or stable hosts.
- Implementing a peer-to-peer network typically involves three steps:
- Install network hardware.
- Configure the peers and workgroup members.
- Share resources to the network.
What is Client/Server Network?
- One or more computers act as a server, and the other computers on the network request services from the server.
- Server, sometimes called a host computer, controls access to the hardware, software, and other resources on the network and provides a centralized storage area for programs, data and information.
- The clients are other computers and mobile devices on the network that rely on the server for its resources.
- For example, a server might store a database of customers. Clients on the network (company employees) access the customer database on the server.
- Client/server architecture works when the client computer sends a resource or process request to the server over the network connection, which is then processed and delivered to the client.
- A server can manage several clients simultaneously, whereas one client can be connected to several servers at a time, each providing a different set of services.
- The Internet is also based on client/server architecture where the Web server serves many simultaneous users with Web page and or website data.


No comments:
Post a Comment